Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas Blues

Well, it comes as no surprise to me at all that Christmas is once again approaching and, once again I face the season as a broke man. Financially broke, in case you were wondering. After fourteen Christmases (the first five having been all but forgotten because I was too young to remember), the twentieth Christmas of my life is by far the bleakest for my wallet.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should've been more thrifty with my allowance, and all that jazz. But how does a guy like me balance a budget of Php200 per day? Minus Php50 for our class "paluwagan", minus Php40 for transportation, minus Php60 for lunch, minus Php50 for dinner, leaving me with basically nothing for the entire day but cobwebs in my wallet. Don't get me wrong; at one time I had more than Php1,000 for a week's allowance, but that was when I was going to school for a full week. Now, I go to school three days a week for studies, and three days more for my other duties, during which my allowance plummets to anywhere between none and a hundred.

New Year's Resolution: ask for an increase in allowance. Hey, it's my last year of receiving allowance from my parents, so I might as well make the most out of it. Anyway, I'll be paying them back as soon as I get a job.

0 comments: