Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Chocoholic

I love chocolates.

Milk chocolate (which I am told is really not chocolate at all), dark chocolate (which is my second favorite kind of chocolate), mint chocolate, truffles, Belgian chocolate, choco balls, black forest, fruity chocolates, nutty chocolates, chocolates with rice crispies, peanut butter, or almost every other ingredient you can think of (I am told that there is a certain brand of chocolate that is sweet and spicy at the same time, with cayenne pepper in the mixture, but I have yet to taste this).

Which is why my determination to trim down on my weight was put to the ultimate test last Sunday. We went to Robinsons Ermita for lunch and a bit of shopping, and when we got to the circle near Chef d'Angelo, we saw that Red Ribbon was celebrating its Chocolate Festival, where people were invited to come and taste the chocolate. What made it impressive was a sixteen-foot-high fountain of melted chocolate, where people went in droves to dip pieces of marshmallows in the chocolate, sort of like a giant fondue. I was torn between lining up amongst the multitudes of fellow chocoholics and sticking to dieting. I was like, tang'na naman, pa'no ka papayat kung ganito ang mga makikita mo? Damn.

End of story? I went to Ice Monster and bought myself a Mudslide. Not quite as yummy, but delicious nevertheless.

0 comments: