Friday, December 30, 2005

Ghosts of Christmas Past and Other Stories

I didn't enjoy this year's Christmas.

These six words sum up everything I've felt during this past Christmas season. It's not because I didn't have money (on the contrary, I was financially richer this year than I was last year, even with all the aguinaldos coming from ninongs and ninangs). It's not because the family wasn't together even with Kuya getting married (actually they're temporarily living in the apartment next to ours). I don't exactly know how to explain what I'm feeling. It's like my 20 previous Christmases were much more special than this year's is.

Then again, it might be because I'm still having a hard time accepting that I now reside in the real world outside the confines of the university. Or maybe because last year's Christmas was just more meaningful than this year's is.

***

My December wasn't also as enjoyable as last year's was. For the first time, I wasn't able to join the Paskuhan in UST because I had to work (sob). I'm not particularly happy with my work environment because of one particular person (who is so dense that he can't even begin to realize that I'm really pissed off, but then again, he might really be just very dense and stupid --- ooopps, sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't speak out again about his shortcomings, but damn! It feels good to let it all out).

***

Yesterday I bought the Eheads tribute album UltraElectroMagneticJam. Wala lang, ang kulit pakingan lalo "Ang Huling El Bimbo" (Rico J. Puno) at "Alcohol" (Radioactive Sago Project). I can actually imagine Corics singing "El Bimbo" while dancing the El Bimbo wearing the white Elvis jumpsuit. Heh heh. As for RSP, what more can I say? Astig.

0 comments: