Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Finally!

Yes, I finished Book 7 of Harry Potter. Yes, my previous post about the so-called "spoiler" wannabe is totally unnecessary. Yes, what he mentioned about the story is a pile of do-do. But no, it didn't take me more than a week to finish Book 7.

I went to claim my order from Trixie last Saturday. Months and months of waiting, all to be gratified, with all questions to be answered. The final leg of Harry's journey into the Wizarding world is upon us (Now, I'm actually kinda glad I ordered from Trixie, since I was able to avoid the tidal wave of Muggles all eager to pursue Harry's adventure in the final installment of Harry Potter; I have to repay her back somehow).

Well, suffice to say that I was able to finish reading the book by Monday morning (I would have been able to finish the book by Sunday morning, had I not have had some other things to do as well). I was almost teary-eyed as a lot of the characters met their ends. But the final showdown, the epic battle, whatever you might wish to call it - that really was the best! Kudos to Ms. Rowling for such an amazing run with her brainchild.

Now, if only Jo would satisfy the needs of all the Harry Potter fans and complete her planned writing of the Harry Potter encyclopedia...

0 comments: