Sunday, December 16, 2007

Catching the Photography Bug

One of my earliest experimental pictures (ha! I even used myself as a guinea pig for such a thing). Photography has always been a subject of amazement for me, especially since I've been able to see for myself the works of professional photographers (well, not the formal ones, anyway). I guess that was when I started to get the photography bug.

When I actually started taking pictures, it's been usually taken using OPC (other people's cameras). Of course, that was the most inexpensive way for me to be able to learn to take pictures. Of course, anyone can point a camera at anything and take a picture, but I guess it takes real skill to be able to use the surroundings to emphasize or complement whatever it is you're taking a picture of. I remember Kuya Mike (fashion photographer and proprietor of QF Studio on Holy Spirit Drive) saying, "Nakakalibre ka ng photography lessons sa akin ah!" Makes me feel I should take formal lessons, as there are lots of things I have yet to learn about photography.

Wishlist for next year (well, for anything and everything photography-related):

  • a basic Sony CyberShot camera
  • a good-quality digital SLR camera
  • supply of high-capacity memory cards
  • a variety of lenses (I've been wanting to experiment with fish-eye lenses for quite some time now)

Of course, I'd have to make sure my wallet doesn't suffer too much.

(Feeling) Model: Yours truly. Photo credits by yours truly. Taken using my (sister's) Sony Cybershot DSC-40 and a mirror wall. Hyatt Regency Manila, October 2006.

0 comments: