Monday, January 19, 2015

Relationships

Social, professional, casual, fleeting, sexual - so many kinds of relationships exist. In addition, there are various Facebook relationship satuses - Single, In a relationship, In an open relationship, Engaged, Married, and - my personal favorite - It's complicated.

Defining an It's complicated relationship status is easy - one must simply be unwilling to define his relationship status with another, and not talk about it. In other words, an It's complicated status simply means (to me, at least) that one does not wish to be labeled as Single, is currently seeing someone, but does not want to formally define a relationship with that someone, akin to saying something like "I do not wish to speak about it, therefore I will just say It's complicated and leave it at that".

***********

My relationship status: Complicated guy in a relationship.

0 comments: