Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Rants part 1

Something I've gotta get off my mind before I finish studying for the final exams...

Announcing something to make everyone notice you is something that ticks me off. For instance, Goyong in the Maggi Spaghetti commercial where he goes "Birthday ko ngayoooonn!!!" is quite pathetic. Sure, his only goal was to announce that he loves eating commercialized spaghetti, but his way of announcing it is too pathetic in my opinion.

Another actual instance of this, which really ticked me off... There's this certain girl who, at certain days of the month, sends text messages to every Sun subscriber in her phonebook. Her message? "Hello friends! Please text my friend here, 0922-*******, and greet him a happy monthsary. Thanks. Ü" Okay, so her friend's celebrating a monthsary with his girlfriend. Fine. So her friend's also a Sun subscriber. Fine. So Sun's got this 24/7 Call and Text Unlimited Promo. Fine. But even though I'm on postpaid, I don't greet him a happy monthsary. Why?

Reason #1: I don't have 24/7, and being the economical (read: kuripot guy that I am, I'd rather not waste my free SMS on that.
Reason #2: I don't know him, and he doesn't know me. Why should I text him all of a sudden?
Reason #3: I am a living, breathing, thinking human person, and I am just too stubborn to be programmed by other people on what to do, when to do it, etc.
Reason #4: It's pathetic. Announcing monthsaries just to get people to congratulate you for surviving another month together is way too lame.

What did happen afterwards? I did a little research (piece of cake), and guess what I found out? This girl's friend is actually her boyfriend. 'Nuff said.

0 comments: