Thursday, April 21, 2005

Follow-up to aaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

What a day (And the day hasn't even ended yet). I've spent most of my afternoon sitting and twiddling my thumbs in a corridor, on the twelfth floor of a certain building in Emerald Avenue. I wasn't twiddling my thumbs around for nothing, though - I was waiting to be pre-screened for referrals by JobsDB to certain companies. Well, after twiddling my thumbs and looking up and down at my seatmate (I exaggerate, but I am extremely bored at this point), I was finally called to take the exam. Which was very very very VERY easy. Then another session of thumb twiddling before I was called again for the interview.

Interviewer: So, where do you see yourself after two years?
Me: (Hopefully I'll be in a long term relationship, financially stable - insanely rich, even - and out of the country.)
I: Yes?
M: I'll still be working very hard even though I've achieved my immediate goals. Hopefully after two years, I'll be well on my way to achieving my long term goals.

The good news: I got three referrals to three companies. The not-so-good news (it still ain't bad, no matter how you view it): all three referrals were for tech support and outbound telemarketing. Oh well, que sera, sera.

So, my schedule starting tomorrow would be something like this:
Friday - go to the Civil Service Commission and apply for the Career Service Professional Eligibility Exam; if laziness doesn't hit me, proceed to SSS East Avenue to apply for my Social Security number
Saturday - search for stuff that will help get the thesis done
Sunday - go to church, then out to lunch, and then later... The Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour! (God, I miss being a kid)
Monday - get up early and take the exams and sit through the interviews. I've got Branders.com at 10am, and Client Logic at 1pm. Good thing they're both in the Ortigas area.
Tuesday - get up much earlier than usual. This time I've got Convergys at 8am.

Que sera, sera...

0 comments: