Sunday, April 10, 2005

Korean Fever

Korean fever has definitely hit the streets of Manila, what with ABS-CBN's Lovers in Paris, Save the Last Dance for Me, Stained Glass, and GMA's Full House, and (oops, I forgot - I'm not really familiar with GMA's soaps, as my mom only watches the ABS-CBN soaps). OK, I'll admit Lovers was definitely good for a lot of laughs (I really enjoyed seeing Vivian getting into the notoriously funny situations, or her shouting "Aja!" - forgive me if I spelled it wrong, I don't read, speak, or write Korean at all), but up to this date there has still only been one Korean film I've watched and enjoyed. See the picture - it's the DVD cover for My Sassy Girl, starring Jeon Ji-Hyun and Cha Tae-Hyun. The movie was based on a story published on the Internet. I'm not really good at summarizing plot synopses (I do hope I got this one right) for movies, so I won't even try. Anyway, any plot synopsis I make wouldn't do the movie justice - one should get a copy and watch the movie himself. "Shule? Coffee masho!" (Again, I don't read, speak, or write Korean at all - forgive me if I spelled it wrong)

0 comments: