Thursday, April 28, 2005

I Don't Want To Be Anything Other Than Me

I don’t want to be anything other than what I’ve been trying to be lately
All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind
I’m tired of looking ‘round rooms wondering what I gotta do
Or who I’m supposed to be
I don’t want to be anything other than me.


I was watching American Idol with my sister (I wanted to watch WWE Raw, but I didn't have a choice - it was my sister's TV set, anyway), and I heard Bo Bice sing the theme from One Tree Hill. Got nothing more to say to bo except for two words: You rock!

This song actually conveys a special meaning for me, as it addresses what I really am about. I don't want to be someone's something for as long as I live; I don't want to live on as just a copy of another person. I have my own identity, my own idiosyncrasies, my own opinions, my own ideas, my own principles. This song just puts it all into perspective - I don't want to be anything other than me.

0 comments: