Thursday, May 19, 2005

10,000 Days

While I was browsing through Joey's blog, I noticed his latest entry about what he would do when his 10,000th day arrives. That got me thinking - what would I do when my 10,000th day arrives? I got out my notepad and started computing.

10,000 days will have passed when a person reaches his 27th birthday. Well, not exactly on his 27th birthday, but a few months after. If my calculations are correct, when this day comes to a close I would have lived approximately 7,764 days. Also, if my calculations are correct, my 10,000th day will come on July 3, 2011, a little over 4 months past my 27th birthday.

What would I do when that day arrives? Hmmm, good question, but not one that merits serious thought at this point in my life. I'd have 2,236 days to go before that day arrives - essentially, I'd have at least 2,000 days to go before thinking about what I'd do then.

But until then - carpe diem. And carpe noctem for good measure.

0 comments: