Monday, May 30, 2005

Down

I'm not really in the mood to blog right now. I just needed to give my mind and my fingers some exercise. (Exercise for the body will come tomorrow, so there.)

Lately I've been feeling so down. Doesn't often show since I usually am quite good in concealing my feelings, but I read somewhere that it's a very unhealthy way to cope. Instead of paying a lot of money for a shrink (err, excuse me... a psychiatrist, I mean), I'll just do my own psychoanalysis.

Alter-Me: What's wrong?
Me: Nothing much. Just some pressure coming from lots of places.
Alter-Me: And why is that?
Me: It's almost June. It's been two months, and I still haven't got a job.
Alter-Me: Is that all?
Me: No, it bloody well isn't all. I'm getting tired of the same old routine everyday. I wake up, loaf around, eat lunch, do my chores, loaf around a bit more, do other chores, loaf around still a bit more, eat dinner, loaf around again, and go to sleep. Frankly, it's getting boring having to sit around the house with nothing to do except look at the four walls of my room, and then go to my parents' room to look at the four walls, and then go downstairs to look at the four walls there!
Alter-Me: So, basically, you're having trouble adjusting to the routine that's slowly being established in your life after college.
Me: Not only that, but I get added pressure from seeing almost 85% of my batchmates with jobs. I'm happy for them, of course, but I can't help thinking that I should be working already. I should be in that position already. I should be this, I should be that, yatta-yatta-yatta, etc., etc., etc...
Alter-Me: ...
Me: That's pretty much it. I should finish whatever I still have to finish, so I can find a nice decent job that offers a more-than-decent compensation and benefits package. Sigh.
Alter-Me: Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watched Star Wars Episode III last Friday. Now everything becomes clear. All I've got to say about the movie. Obi-Wan (to Anakin): "You were the chosen one!"

Also watched Madagascar yesterday. Just the barrel of laughs that I needed to at least start to pull myself out of the funk I'm currently in right now. Gloria (to everybody): "We're not a bunch of Melmans!"

Oy vey.

0 comments: