Sunday, May 8, 2005

An Open Letter to the One

Taking risks is a part of life - there's no getting around it. Without risks, life has less meaning. So anyway, here I am taking risks. I've postponed this for too long.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To the Brilliant, Shining One:

There are a lot of things I should've told you. Well, not really a lot of things, but maybe some stuff of substantive importance that I should have let you know before now. Mainly what I never did realize until now. I remember during the start of our third year together, how you were a bit taken with him. And what happened when he went for someone else. I never did realize during that time what I felt.

After that, I would find excuses to talk to you, even for the most trivial of things. Back then, I know I should have recognized the signs. I guess I never really recognized it because of what I thought your reaction would be if ever I did come out in the open with it. Or maybe because I was still perceived to be quite taken with another mutual friend who I happened to have courted in the past. Reasons don't matter - at least, not anymore. What matters is that finally I've realized something that my subconscious self has tried to bop me in the head with over the past two years - I've silently fallen for you.

Maybe it was your quiet strength. Maybe it was your uncommon grace. Maybe it was your intellect. Maybe it was the fact that you were able to poke fun at me. Maybe it was the siomai we ate way back. Maybe it was something I've never seen in another girl before. Maybe a lot of things - but one thing is for sure, I've fallen in love.

I'm not sure whether you'll ever be able to read this (I might just discreetly let you know). But whatever - that won't change the fact that I've already fallen hard.

With love always,

-=BSB=-

0 comments: